Online recipe review: Melon Pan

I chose to make Melon Pan. I found this recipe on a site called “Just One Cookbook”. This site is mainly introducing Japanese recipes by a Japanese chef named Namiko Hirasawa who lives in San Francisco. The photos on this site are so beautiful that they all look delicious and make me want to try making them. I haven't made bread lately, so I chose it because I wanted the opportunity to make it.

 

I got all the ingredients from home and from the supermarket. So, I was able to make Melon Pan according to the recipe. However, I decided to make it with half the ingredients because the oven I have at home is small. And, I thought it would be too small to divide it into 5 parts, so I made it into 4 parts.

 



This Melon Pan was crispy and fluffy and the taste was very good. After a few days, I enjoyed moist texture. It was delicious even with whipped cream. The recipe gave an approximate kneading time. It was easy to understand because I was able to know how much I should knead. I don't think there was anything particularly weakness point about it.

 

This recipe introduced the origin of Melon Pan. I didn't know about it until now, so it was very interesting. Also, I was surprised to read that there are breads similar to Melon Pan in the world. And, this recipe includes a how-to video. Therefore, it is recommended for those who think that it is difficult to make bread. This has helped me a lot in my cooking. 

 

From the above, I give the recipe 5 stars. I would like to recommend it to those who think that it is difficult to make bread. You can follow the recipe from Melon Pan (Video) メロンパン • Just One Cookbook, so please try making it. I found it important to include detailed descriptions and photos. Also, use simple ingredients like we have at home. I want to make use of it in UP2.



↑dough before fermentation


コメント